Welcome to Year 2
Mrs Wiredu (Agate Class)
Mrs Coe (Turquoise Class)
Mrs Coppin (Onyx Class)
We are excited to work with you this year and teach the children the following topics:
• Polar regions
• Famous People
• At the Seaside
• History Around Us
Each class has different days for PE, so please check the individual class page for details. Please ensure your child has a named PE kit and a change of footwear for each of these days and that all jewellery (including earrings) are removed. Children with long hair will be asked to tie it up for PE sessions. Please send your child in with a bottle of water every day, clearly labelled with their name.
Homework is set each week on a Thursday or a Friday, and is expected to be completed by the following week.
Children are asked to:
- Read at home at least 3 times a week and sign your child’s reading record so they can earn their bookmark stamp.
- Learn weekly spellings. These are available on the Purple Mash blog.
Extra activities may include:
- Learn Times Tables using Multiplication Monster on Purple Mash
- Use MyOn to access more books and resources.
- Use your reading eggs account to access lots of great resources!
Children in Year 2 are expected to learn their 2’s, 5’s and 10’s times tables. Please practice these with your children.
Please also find attached the year 1 and 2 spelling word lists which children will be learning throughout the year.
Please if there is anything you would like to discuss, contact us via email on Purple Mash or contact the main school office.
Year 2 team